JILLIAN SCHERRER - PARTNER
Jillian’s practice areas include intellectual property litigation, commercial litigation, trade secret and unfair competition claims; preparation and prosecution of patent applications; and patent infringement; patent and licensing disputes. Jillian has worked with clients across all stages of IP cases, including pre-suit investigations, fact and expert discovery, claim construction, patent validity and infringement opinion preparation, and dispositive motions. Jillian's experience spans a wide array of technologies, including medical devices, oil and gas equipment, manufacturing safety devices, transportation technology, and medical services software.
Jillian graduated magna cum laude from South Texas College of Law. Jillian served as President for South Texas College of Law Intellectual Property & Technology Law Society. Jillian also participated in the Langdell Scholar program where she taught weekly and bi-weekly classes to first and second year law students in Evidence and Federal Income Taxation.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• State Bar of Texas
• South Texas College of Law - (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
• University at Buffalo - (B.S. Biological Sciences, 2014)
• University at Buffalo - (B.S. Environmental Geosciences, 2014)
MEMBERSHIPS AND HONORS
• American Bar Association
• The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court
• Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
• Houston Young Lawyers Association