BUTCH BOYD - SHAREHOLDER
Ernest “Butch” Boyd, started his own law firm in 2014 after being with
MehaffyWeber, PC for 22 years. Mr. Boyd’s practice areas include complex commercial litigation, including securities matters, oil and gas disputes, patent and licensing disputes, representation of trustees in complex corporate fraud cases, and general business litigation on both sides of the docket. He has secured numerous multi-million-dollar results for his clients and has argued successfully before the Texas Supreme Court. Butch has a national trial practice, and he represents clients in complex mass tort litigation across the United States.
In addition to representing plaintiffs in their claims, Butch has also secured successful outcomes on the defense side of litigation, defending individuals and companies from small family owned businesses, to large publicly traded corporations.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• State Bar of Texas
• United States District Court Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
• Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
• Stephen F. Austin State University - (B.B.A., Accounting,
cum laude, 1989)
• Houston Bar Association Member
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association Member